Hello! I almost didn’t write this post. I’m here in Pushkar, attending yet another destination wedding (my 5th destination wedding in 6 months). Super busy as I was, I got the idea for this post after I had posted a picture with my husband on Instagram and tagged the location – Westin Hotel, Pushkar. Within 4 hours of the upload, I got five phone calls! asking questions about the property as each caller was thinking of planning a weekend getaway here. I instantly felt obliged to have stayed at this exotic place twice (:
So I thought, hey let’s tell people more about this amazing place. Here are ten reasons why you should pick Westin, Pushkar as your next weekend get-away!
- Location: Rajasthan is one of the most talked about destinations. Just 3 hours away from the capital city Jaipur, Pushkar is the perfect destination for a weekend get-away. Westin, Pushkar takes advantage of this popularity, a prime establishment at a prime location. https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/The+Westin+Pushkar+Resort+%26+Spa,+Khasra+No.+1242,+1243,+1196%2F1726,+Pushkar,+Rajasthanemail@example.com,74.5046009,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x396bdd219ea7fce7:0x1c9af3aaeeb9fbfa?hl=en-in
- A stress free environment: Westin is situated 7kms from Pushkar Junction which means it is in the outskirts of the city. The place has a calm and chilled out atmosphere in itself. If you looking for a quiet relaxing getaway this is the place to be!
- The grand lobby: My favourite place to sit and have my favourite cup of coffee was of course the balcony of my villa. But finishing second was their lobby. You can experience the pleasant desert wind while slurping your favourite evening beverage.
- Good Food: I personally feel good food rules our mood always! Westin provides you with really good food which means good mood all weekend;) My recommendation, Dal Bukhara.
- Panorama Lounge: This lounge stands to its literal meaning. It is a rooftop lounge which gives a beautiful panoramic view of the Aravalis. It is truly breathtaking. Best time to enjoy it is at night. I am not putting a picture, you need to see and experience yourself.
- Villas: Villas are big and spacious. Some villas have private swimming pools which is an experience of its own kind. Royal category villa has an outdoor pool and luxury category villa has an indoor pool. If you are taking a villa on the first floor you can enjoy a beautiful sunrise with your morning beverage.
- Good Hospitality: The hotel lives up to its Starwood legacy. The staff is well trained and warm. They live up to the Starwoods expectations.
- The Owners: The owners of the hotel are very warm and welcoming. I personally had a very good experience with them. The first time I visited the hotel they were unable to serve us wine as they were on soft launch. This time when we checked in a wine bottle was waiting for us in our room with an apology letter of not being able to serve us the previous time. I was touched with such a gesture of the owners.
- Private Movie Experience: I loved the whole idea that you can also book their small and cozy theatre and enjoy a movie with your special ones.
- Destination Weddings: I know I am going a little off track but yes it is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The hotel is big enough to have different venues for different functions and can cater to a big number with comfort.
The spa and gym are still about to be opened. In all, the property is a must visit and a very good get-away option. You can get the bookings done through their site http://m.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4379&language=en_US
All pictures courtesy: Preksha Goyal ( http://instagram.com/preksha_93)